Government consultation closes Thursday 27 March – proposals fall short over undercover relationships – send an email – see key points below
The Government is currently holding a public consultation on proposals to update their codes of practice relating to undercover officers (known in these codes as “Covert Human Intelligence Sources”). The draft codes and the consultation document can be viewed HERE.
We would urge our supporters to contribute to this consultation, which ends on March 27th. To make a rapid contribution, the key points we are keen for supporters to make are as follows….
* There’s nothing in these codes of practice to prevent the kind of intimate sexual relationships by police officers in their undercover roles that have come to light over the last few years.
* The practice of forming intimate sexual relationships is unprofessional and unacceptable.
* It is time that the government clarifies the situation, to make it clear that these gross violations of privacy are not authorised.
Please feel free to express these in your own words, or of course to add other points as appropriate.
Email responses by 11.45pm on Thursday March 27th:
- either use the contact form below, which will automatically forward your opinions to the consultation address
- or send directly to RIPA@homeoffice.x.gsi.gov.uk
Thanks for taking action.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]